Thursday, May 25, 2006

Little Boys are Treasures!

Byron was a good little boy at kindy today, so I was told . I’m happy with that. As I may have previously mentioned, no one (including me) likes people to think badly of their children. You want them to be good, well behaved little souls.

On the way home from kindy I told him that I just love good little boys. He repeated back, "you love good boys...I’m a good boy". He is the kinda of boy that doesn’t like it when you are mad at him. His famous lines are "don’t get frustrated at me" or "don’t get mad at me". He will push you to the limit (often by turning off his listening ears) but when he knows he has pushed the boundaries he will retreat; often though it is much too late. He has been naughty!!!

To his credit though, he will apologise straight after followed by a request for cuddles. He really doesn’t like people close to him to be angry at him. He wants reassurance of your love. Of course he has my love, and he always gets a cuddle so long as he realises what he has done is wrong. I am grateful that most times he does.

Over the last few weeks I have just been watching him, looking at him, thinking how lucky I am to have such a cute lovely little man...he is such a treasure...worth much more then his weight in gold.

Little Boys are Treasures
(author unknown)

Little boys are treasures

Who are worth their weight in gold.

And charm everyone around them

From the time they're minutes old.

They're Mummy's little darling,

They're a special pal to Dad,

And they bring the very happiest days

A family's ever had.

...My sentiments exactly!

No comments: