Thursday, May 18, 2006

We have water!

Can you believe that it took more then 12 hours for our water to come back on? Well it did. Water finally returned to our house at 10.45am – some 17 hours after it left. Lucky we sleep for much of that time. But still, how do you wash the dishes, flush the toilet or just function without water? We managed, but I can tell you the first thing I did when the water returned was to flush the toilet!!!

After dropping Byron at kindy, Trevor decided to drop into his parent’s house for a shower – only because he couldn’t have one at home. Then when he got home he decided he wasn’t feeling well (a cold apparently), called in sick for work, hopped back into bed and went to sleep; what the heck I slept too! What else could be done...its not like I could do the washing, wash up etc – there was no water!

Thank God the water came back on when it did because I realised that I hadn’t shaved my legs. See ordinarily it wouldn’t matter to much but I was having a spa pedicure today at 12.30pm (a birthday gift courtesy of my best friend). They give you a nice calf massage and moisturise so I thought it only fair I have nice smooth legs for the occasion. I am not one of these people that spend money on stuff like massages, nails (cause mine are perfect the way they are) and facials, so when I have the chance to get one I savour the moment. It was nice.

For the record. It seems the reason for our lack of water was due to a burst water pipe in our unit complex.

*******************************************

Before heading off I thought I would share two lovely things Byron said today:

I was putting him in the car after I picked him up from kindy and was telling him that daddy was home because he didn’t go to work as he was feeling sick. His little face just dropped. I quickly rebutted with "it’s just a cold". He replied, "Its ok I will look after him". How adorable...

So...we are driving home from kindy and as we pass a construction site (refurbishment of the local Woolworths and BigW) Byron yells out "that’s my daddy’s pub"... huh! Then I thought about it a moment. It seems Byron was referring to the construction of the new local pub just up from the woollies constructions site. I then said to Byron, "that’s the pub there", to which he responded with, "Windows...it has windows...my daddy likes windows” Huh again!

I was a little confused by our conversation in the car on the way home so I asked Trevor. Trevor explained that a few weeks back Byron was asking him what they were building to which he replied “they are building daddy’s pub”! Apparently, windows had just been added to the ‘pub’.

No comments: