Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The dress is sorted!

OK, after I picked up that size 18 bridesmaid dress I nearly died. Sorry – that was after I tried it on. The bust was absolutely massive, something only fillable by an 18DD cup. I am not sure if I mentioned this already, but I am by know means an 18DD. I can barely fill a B cup.

Now I thought I was in trouble, but just wasn't sure how much until my mother saw the dress on me and said, "Nicole that looks ridiculous...completely out of proportion. Why in the world did you get an 18?". Uummmmm because they told me to! She did consolidate by telling me that, whilst it would be a lot of work, she thinks the dress could be fixed.

So off we went to the dressmakers last Friday. She was a nice little old Chinese lady – very hard to understand. However, I did understand when she said to me, "Lot of work. Need to take dress apart. Cost $300"!!!! OMG $300 is more then the dress cost to buy in the first place.

Since I was persuaded by the shop lady to get an 18 I thought it was time to go back to them. So that’s what I did today. I was a little bit nervous considering the dresses were ordered in and not really bought of the rack. I thought they would be difficult and refuse to swap it.

Thankfully, I was wrong. The lady at the shop was lovely. I explained my situation, tried on the dress and low and behold she agreed with my mother. She suggested I try on the 14. I did and it fitted me perfectly (at 25 weeks), although there was still a little bit of room in the bust – but nothing a little milk won’t fix . She said it wouldn’t be a problem to swap the dress for a 14, however I wouldn’t get it until July. Woohoo what a relief!

I guess that just leaves the baby...hopefully she will arrive before the wedding. If she does, then I will be fine. I don’t think my baby belly will be any bigger then what it is now. Plus it will be nice and squishy and can squish about in my dress lol. If she decides she doesn't want to come out then I will have to deal with that later...think of some kind of back up plan.

I better go and tell the bride (my besty) that everything is sorted with the dress. I kinda didn't tell her about the potential problems after I saw the dressmaker cause she freaked out when I mentioned the dress was a little too big. But all is good now. Wouldn't won't to send the bride into heart failure!!!

No comments: