Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Snippets of my day.

Yesterday I was so fatigued I had trouble thinking . It was an effort just to watch television. Being a Monday, Byron was home with me. It was tuff!! He wanted to go for walks around the block on his bike. Mean, naughty mummy said no . Trying to explain my lack of energy to a 2 and half year old was a time consuming, REPETATIVE process. I think he might have got it in the end . By the time it came to bath him I was seriously exhausted and headed off to bed. I fell asleep before him.

Today, I woke up with an extremely sore throat. I guess that explains the fatigue some what. I felt extremely unwell as a result of the sore throat accompanied with morning sickness. Thankfully Trevor had taken Byron to kindy, so I could lie back in bed and go to sleep. I did and woke up at 10.00am to the phone ringing (what do you know - it was a telemarketer!) .

I headed downstairs and turned on the TV. It was great to see the miners ‘escape’ . The first pictures I saw were accompanied by some very beautiful music. With the hormones, and just the happy spirit of the event, I had tears streaming down my face. Not only did I have a sore throat, but now a stuffed nose and puffy eyes. Great start to the day!

It was a good friend’s birthday today. She was stuck at home with her baby daughter, whilst babysitting another the same age. I took it upon myself to provide some adult company. I had a shower, got dressed, purchased some McDonalds Big Macs and fries (her favourite), a chocolate mud cake and a card, and off I trodded around to her place - off course I got a Big Mac and fries for myself . It was nice afternoon; it wasn’t anything special but it was fun and she enjoyed herself.

That brings me to this afternoon, when I picked up Byron. I said to him that I wasn’t feeling well. The sweet cheeks gave me a cuddle. Then he said "did you go the doctors to make you better", to which I replied "I don’t need the doctors when your big cuddles make me all better". He responded with a big tight cuddle...a lovely end (or semi end) to the day!

No comments: