Monday, May 15, 2006

23 Weeks Today...

According to the literature my little girl’s:

• finger nails are almost fully formed.
• skin is quite red and heavily wrinkled and her lanugo has darkened.
• totally unaffected by the Braxton Hicks, or practice, contractions (not that I am having too many of these).
• Meconium (her first stool) is developing (Yippee!).
• bones of her inner ear are beginning to harden.
• Weight is approx 510 grams (1 pound 2 ounces).
• Hearing loud noises and may start to move around lots more.

According to the literature I may find myself having (or starting) mood swings (Trevor reckons I must have been pregnant the last 8 years!) Don’t worry; these are normal and will subside either late in my third trimester or shortly after the birth of my baby. These mood swings are from the rising hormone levels as my body readies itself for delivery (Oh really!). The other symptoms I may be experiencing include:

• Breast Changes, tenderness, fullness, darkening of the areola (OK so my boobs are bigger and fuller; great - negetive on the other symptoms)
• Frequent Urination (Check)
• Constipation (Nope)
• Indigestion or heartburn (A little)
• Occasional headaches (Not really)
• Stretch Marks (Only those pre-existing – and there are many – from Byron)
• Itching (huh?)
• Round ligament pains (Does that include pelvic ligament pain???)
• Hemorrhoids (no thank you)

I guess you could say things are moving along nicely. My doctors appointment tomorrow will hopefully confirm that.

No comments: