Tuesday, August 14, 2007

$1,504.00

After ringing the Council all gung hoe this morning, this is what I know so far...

1. It will cost $1,504.00 to relocate the sewer connector point. Not as much as I thought but still money that we just don't have lying around to hand over to the Council. Apparently, it will take another 10 working days from receipt of the application (and money) to get confirmation that the point will be moved. Then of course there will be further delays in having to wait for that information to be provided back to the original department paperwork shuffle!!!

2. The lady handling the application relating to the relaxation is away on one weeks leave this week so still our application sits idol on the desk, waiting, waiting, and waiting. This is bloody ridiculous. I did speak to a nice lady (who wasn't in that area) about our issues and she was going to try her dandiest to do what she could to help (although it wasn't her area; she didn't want to step on anyone's toes; and she suspected no one would want any more work, but at least she offered).

I guess we will just wait and see. In the meantime, I might just head out into my backyard and pick $1,500.00 off the money tree. I'll be right back...

No comments: