Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Melbourne Dream

Well I'm back; back from Melbourne.

It was the most amazing experience meeting the wonderful people I have come to call my friends over the last 2 years. A dream come true in many respects.

This trip has been in the planning for a while. We (Kyles and I), together with the lovely Ness, decided it would be the perfect opportunity to meet as many people from the Baby Dreamers as we could, especially since she was heading over that way as well. We worked out a suitable weekend for us and went from there. We (or Kylie because she is more organised then I) booked flights, accommodation and the car and that was it...we were set.

We were nervous to say the least. We didn't quite know how it would all go down. Kyles and I knew that our turning up out of the blue to Andee's surprise baby shower at Kristy's house would shock all in attendance but in reality we weren?t quite expecting the reaction that took place.

As we pulled up outside Kristy's house we both started to get nervous. My heart was racing, my hands were shaking...I couldn't wait for the surprise to take place. There was some anxious tension as Kylie knocked on the door but that washed away with the sheer shock etched on Kristy's face when she opened that door. The look and emotion on her face was priceless...it was truly magical; one of the most exquisite sights ever. If you could have bottled the emotion it would be a very precious commodity indeed.

The emotions of the others were just as rewarding but probably not as intense as Kristy's because of the forewarning they had that something was amiss after she opened the door. There were hugs; there were tears; there was laughter...it was truly amazing. However, the surprise wasn't quite over...there was one last surprise had when Mel came (she arrived after us so we got to do the surprise one last time).

We hid in the laundry and left the babies playing in the lounge room with the others. It took a while but she figured out that something wasn't quite right with the babies...she knew she had seen them before...then it clicked, we came out of the laundry and the sheer delight on Mel's face was amazing. She screamed (and woke up the tiny sleeping babies), we screamed, everyone screamed. It was amazing.

I know I keep saying that it was amazing but it was. Kristy's response was emotive and heartfelt but Mel's was joyous and delightful. All the responses were truly wonderful.

We all chatted for hours. We ate too many yummy pink and blue cupcakes (made by the talented Kristy) and pram biscuits (made by Mal). We drank wine. We played with babies. We exchanged gifts. Then it was time to leave. The day was over .

To my friends who are reading...

To Kristy, thank you for your hospitality in letting us invade your house. Thank you for your lovely food and company. It was such a pleasure meeting you. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Jelly bean is a lucky little baby having such a wonderful mummy waiting when s/he arrives. By the way, I have to say your design skills are fantastic. That chandelier is simply beautiful!

To Rach and Karen, thank you, thank you, thank you for your lovely company and cuddles with your wonderful babies. It was fantastic catching up with you and I hope there are many more catch ups to come.

To Mel, you're a riot! Totally lovable. I loved chatting and laughing with you. It's a shame we didn't get the opportunity to have a few ?alcoholic? drinks together because I have know doubt it would be a blast. Pips is gorgeous...huggable and precious.

To Jody, the lovely Jody. What can I say? I really enjoyed catching up with you. It was something I was hoping I had the opportunity to do. Thank you for providing the chance. You are a beautiful person and talented (I can't wait to see Pips invitations) and I am lucky to have crossed paths with you.

To Ness and Andee, we have chatted for years now and I still can't believe that I have had the opportunity to meet you both in real life. You are amazing, beautiful people which memories of meeting I will treasure forever. Your friendship is invaluable, remarkable and something I hold dear to my heart. Thank you.

To Kyles, the lovely girl I spent the whole weekend with. Between your driving and my navigational skills it was all too easy mate. Who would have thought driving around Melbourne would be so trouble-free! We get to see each other whenever we want to but probably not anywhere near enough. I enjoyed every minute I spent together with you and Stelly. I treasure our friendship and have no doubt it will be life long one at that.

To my other Baby Dreamers, the only downside to the weekend was that you all couldn't be there. Whilst I haven't had the opportunity to meet you all yet in real life I truly value your support and friendship. You all form an integral part of the group and it wouldn't have been what it was without you. Thank you for your endless support.

I still shake my head that the world wide web can provide the support it does. I am truly astonished by the amazing people I have come across and am thankful for it. With out that support, who knows where I would be right now.


No comments: