Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thrush

A few weeks ago Lily had terrible nappy rash which the doctor said was thrush. The doctor prescribed some sort of fungal cream and told me to apply it 2-3 times (or more because she is a baby and wets it off etc) to her bottom and to continue for 2 weeks after the rash has gone. Well I did that and it went away only to reappear again the last few days.

She is currently on two lots of antibiotics which probably explains the thrush, but still, her poor little bottom has had no reprieve lately. One minute it seems like traditional nappy rash, so I apply the caster oil and zinc cream and the next it appears to be thrush. I hate this! I could count on one hand the amount of nappy rash Byron had and I could probably do so on 3 fingers. Maybe it is a girl thing, who knows. All I know is I hate wiping her bottom and watching her flinch her legs up in pain. It's horrible!

So to the nappy rash - PEE OFF!!! (excuse the pun)

No comments: