Monday, August 13, 2007

His Poor Willy

This morning Byron was having some dramas doing up his pyjamas. They happened to be a warm all in one jumpsuit with a zip up the front (difficult for the little man to get in and out of on his own). Nonetheless, this morning he managed to get out of them and go to the toilet without too much difficulty. However, he had many difficulties putting them back on. I woke to his winging and frustration as he tried to get them on. So, I staggered out of bed as it was obvious he needed some assistance.

I waltzed (as you do before 6am) in to the bathroom at which point Byron started proclaiming how dry his pull up pants were whilst waving them in my face (its one step forward three steps back with the whole night time wetting but that's a whole other story) at the same time winging that he couldn't get his pyjamas back on.

In my haste to zip him up quickly so that I could roll back into bed for 10 more minutes, I did just that...zipped 'him up' to a scream of pain. He was screaming "my willy, my willy!!!". As it turns out, I had zipped him up all right...willy and all .

It took me about 5-10 minutes to calm him down (meanwhile Lily had woken from the screaming). I felt absolutely terrible and even worse when he reminded me that I had "zipped Lily up in her car seat" (that would be the pinching episode I mentioned a while back). Byron took some comfort in the fact that "daddy had done the same thing" too (I told him that suspecting that at least once in his life he must have had an unfortunate mishap).

When all was said and done, examination by Byron revealed "no blood". He was happy but I?m not sure I was.

I told you I was tired!!!!

No comments: