Sunday, August 05, 2007

Harry Potter!

I was trying to read it nice and slow so that it would never end (or at least not in the immediate future) but something went wrong. As much as I tried so hard to read a bit at a time, last night I succumbed to the plot and read the final instalment of Harry Potter. I had done so well for the first two thirds but then it all went wrong?

It's over! All finished! The end!

I can't believe it. I am sad .

I have loved Harry Potter from the moment I picked up the first book. J K Rowling's imagination is stupendous - far reaching beyond my imagination. I don't know what it is about them that drew me in. I honestly, can't express it in words except to say 'escape'. For me the books provided an escape from everyday life; a sense of adventure and wonderment. They provided some much needed fuel for my imagination which had lain dormant since I was a kid.

I look forward to reading them to my children - the hundred's of chapters and thousands of pages. I truly look forward to it .

In the meantime, I will have to read the final instalment again...there was so much to take in.

No comments: