Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Not so delicate!

My little Lily has a personality all of her own, especially when we are in the bath. She has taken to standing up in the bath. She has been doing it for a while now but was happy to plop herself back down when told to do so (because standing up in the bath is a 'no' 'no'). Now she won't have a bar of it .

Last night when I tried so delicately to pop her back in the water she wouldn't let go of the sides. I had to forcibly remove her hands from the side of the bath. When I finally was able to sit her down she chucked a wobbly and a big one at that. Her legs were kicking the water. She threw her head back and screamed for dear life all the while trying to stand back up again. When she was up she was as happy as could be; the tears stopped, she grabbed herself a toy and sucked away. As I said to her in a stern voice "Lily, sit down, sit down Lily!" she gazed up at me with a defiant mischievous grin as if to say "make me!" . So again I tried to make her sit down and again it ended the same way. Eventually, I had enough and took her out.

Lily is much more active then I remember Byron being. She is zooming around all over the place, pulling herself up on just about anything in site. From there, she cruises around happily destroying everything in her wait. The little munchkin has even figured out how to climb the stairs, much to my dismay . The other day I went up stairs to get something. Minutes later I hear Byron yelling out "L I L Y!". I poked my head around to see what was up and there she was, half way up the stairs and ascending rapidly (I think it is gate time) and again all the while with the cheekiest little grin on her face.

Byron was my Angel child. I never had to 'child proof' anything except for a gate on the stairs. He wasn't overly active BUT Lily is a whole other story...it seems she isn't as delicate as her name would suggest.

No comments: