Monday, August 13, 2007

Tired!

I am still reeling over the further delays we are faced in building our house . I'm twiddling my thumbs over the fact I *can't* call them to sort it out because it's a public holiday for that area and you can bet your bottom dollar that no council worker will be taking calls today. I just want to know details, like how much more of a delay it will be; how much more it will cost. I just want someone to answer my questions (which seems to be proving as difficult as getting the house built).

I am really tired. I am physically tired, mentally tired and everyone thing in between at the moment.

My house is a disaster zone. There are baskets of clothes everywhere. I just can not find the time to put them away. When I do find the time, more mount up everywhere. I didn't realise how much I relied on my one day off a week; a day to get things done. I miss it! I have been doing the full time gig for 5 months now and I am starting to feel it. I am not the most domesticated, organised person going around town, especially when it comes to house hold chores. So that, accompanied with the lack of time, is causing much disarray around our place. Even Trevor, who used to be pretty domesticated, is falling off the wayside too (even though he has time when he gets home from work 'child free' time that is).

I get no time to myself. If I am not at work, I am with the kids, playing with them, organising them, dropping them at kindy (which is fine and I'm not complaining...I wish I had more time with them). After they go to bed and all is done and dusted I honestly have no energy to do anything else except sit on the lounge or go to bed (I am even finding my EB and internet time at home reduced because I just don't have the energy).

The weekends are a blur, filled with a flurry of activity which includes barely any housework. There is swimming lessons, shopping, parties and other things that have to be crammed into 2 lousy days. What I would give for a weekend of nothingness...no plans, no children - just me!

I feel like life is passing me by at the moment. Lily is one in 2 weeks. What happened to my baby... where has she gone? Byron will be four in 6 weeks; my little boy is growing older.

I am tired that life is mundane; the same old ever day. I am tired of not getting the balance between my 'domestic duties' and work in check. My eyes are tired; covered in dark circles. I am not eating the best (unhealthy) because there is no time to sit for breakfast, no time to prepare lunch and dinner, well that is a farce. What is wrong with me?

I could go on all day but I won't because I am just too tired...

No comments: