Friday, August 10, 2007

F**k the Council!!!

I am over this...so over this!

We just received a letter in the mail from the Council in response to the sewer/drainage application the builder made, telling us that we have two options as our house is apparently 1 meter to close to the sewer connection. We can either:

1. Move the house 1.5 meters to the left, which would leave us with even less back yard and give us some superfluous space on the right side which is absolutely useless; or

2. Move the sewer connector point, at a cost of which is a great unknown. The builder reckons it could be anywhere between $1,500 - $4,000.

I don't think it is as simple as moving the house over nearly 2 meters. That is making no use of the land at all. FFS it is only a 610sqm block so there isn't much yard to begin with. We have positioned the house just so - trying to make as best use of the land as we can. In the years to come, I think I would regret any decision immensely to just move the house over. Our builder has suggested we contact the Council and see if we can get our relaxation moved a meter closer (which isn?t likely but worth a shot). That way, we don't have to sacrifice too much of the 'usefulness' of our backyard. Otherwise, it is either back to the drawing board or paying to move the sewer line ? gawd only knows what that will cost. Pity Monday is a public holiday here because I would let it rip at the Council - now I have to wait for Tuesday.

I could just cry over all this. We were so close I could feel it but now it feels like we are back to the drawing board again, no closer to our dream then if we walked into see the builder for the first time today. The thing is we first started on the track to building our house back in March this year - 6 fricken months ago!

We (because I know Trevor is the same) feel trapped where we are now; claustrophobic in this unit. We want out so bad but yet feel like there is no hope...we are destined to live here for ever. At least that is what the universe keeps telling us.

I just want it over with. YES, you end up with more for your money building but is it worth it...I'm beginning to think not!

No comments: