Wednesday, April 23, 2008

About Me

I mentioned a little while back that I have a website. It’s not live – just a work in progress. There really is so much to do with it – all up, by the time I go live, it would have taken months to prepare. Anyway, I had to come up with a spiel ‘about ME’ – something that will tell a prospective client what I’m all about.

Some would say I’m adept with writing. That may be the case to a large extent but when it comes to writing about me I’m hopeless. I knew what I wanted to say but really had no idea how to word it to get the desired feel I was after.

My lovliest friend Karen offered to write it for me. She has such a way with words. Anyway, 10 minutes later she was done and this is what she came up with…

“I'm happy. I'm funky. I'm a wife. I'm a Mum. I'm a sister and daughter. I'm a friend. I like popcorn and ice cream and lollipops, and dancing in the rain. I love lady bugs. I love hangin' with the girls, and I love romantic nights out with my Husband. I love playing dress-ups with my kids. I love fresh, clean sheets and a warm doonah on a cold night. I like sleeping-in...but I love early morning cuddles with my kids even better. I wake up and smell the roses every day. I work, I play, I dream, I love.

I love life.

I'm your normal, everyday girl, who thinks that even the most normal and everyday things can be the most beautiful. Don't-ever-forget the simple things and the memories they create.

Photography is something that gives me so much joy. It enables me to capture life as it happens, and turn it into forever. I love my job, and it's part of why I love my life.

Go on. Love your life...and let me help you remember it...there's so much that should never be forgotten!”


I simple adore what she has written. It was up on my site within minutes.

I really have some special friends. Karen, thanks so much mate. You’ll never know how much your words meant to me. xx

3 comments:

MrsPfeiff said...

Nicole, it was honestly my pleasure. To be a part of your journey to success is an honour, and I thank you for letting me be a part of it.

I meant every word of it. You're a very special person, an incredible friend, and I love you to bits.

Love,

Karen xxx

Jessika said...

Karen is right you are very special and talented and your a mum i look up to!>

Melza said...

OMG Who could say that about themselves!!!??? As soon as I read it I knew someone else had written it!!!

Well done Karen!

Mel xxx