Thursday, April 03, 2008

Last hurrah for the tutu!

It’s finally starting to get cooler here in Queensland. Arrgghhh! I feel like we never got summer. Oh well, I guess there’s next summer.

You might recall the little hot pink tutu I got Lily a while back – with the matching little silver jiffies? Anyway, it’s getting a bit too cool to wear it now (plus she’s growing out of it) and I hadn’t really got any *great* photos with her in it. So, I decided to head out to the local forest for a bit of a try at some shots.

As for the jiffies, we're on pair number two now. She grew out of the last lot but not before they got a good work out.

We are so blessed to have a nice little forest near us. There is plenty of wildlife to see. On show yesterday afternoon were some wallabies with joeys – there were quite a few of them. Such friendly little creatures – not scared at all until a toddler comes running after them. Then, they jump for their lives.

Anyway, here are some from our little ‘session’. Let me just preface it by saying…I am NO nature photographyer!








4 comments:

MrsPfeiff said...

I love this set. Big thumbs up xxx

Tasha said...

Does her good looks have anything to do with her GOD parents? I certainly think her posing doesn't! A beautiful girl, the closest thing to a daughter for me at the moment.

Kylie Jansen said...

Hey Nic,

I've been so busy and my blog reading has been neglected lately.

WOW, so much has been going on for you hasn't it. YAY to your website, I can't wait for you to launch it, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

I too have been trying to get 'everyday' kind of photos. Usually it takes place in the dark lounge room or something so I end up using the flash because it's not possible otherwise. I know using the flash causes horrible photos but I'm looking at it as, it's better to have them rather than not at all.

Your photos are just beautiful. The black and white ones of Lily in her room...are they an action or your own conversion? I love it.

Anyway enough of my rambling.

Kylie
xxx

Becca said...

Ok, so I have a husband for my daughter, could I "BAGS" Lily as my future DIL for my son? What a STUNNER!!!!!