Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My perfect shot…

I love it when I find a gem of a photo – I get so excited! It’s kinda stupid really, to get excited over a photograph. I guess it just goes to show how passionate I am about my little ‘ol hobby. When I see something that works and is somewhat ‘artistic’ I get a sense of accomplishment, like I’ve done something and done it well. This is especially so when a picture, the subject of my excitement, doesn’t even have my kids in it…no ‘mummy goggles’ clouding my vision.

So, without further ado, here it is…the shot that I just adore! It’s my new favourite of the month. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but for me it’s about how it all works – the hair, the eyes, the expression, and the processing – to make the shot what it is. Besides, what’s not to love about it when the subject is just so perfect?


3 comments:

Kylie said...

hehehe I wondered how long it would take for this shot to appear on your blog! You know I love it too - as I said a very "pure" shot of my girl, just as she is. lol your readers are probably getting sick of seeing my belly and children!! I am seriously lucky to have my family as the subject for your "practice" - not that you need any. xxx

MrsPfeiff said...

I think it exudes purity and innocence - she really is beautiful. A credit to Kyles, and a credit to you, Nic, for your photography has captured an incredibly beautiful shot of an incredibly beautiful little girl.

(And Kyles - no, we're not getting sick of you lot!!)

xxx

Kylie Jansen said...

Beautiful, Just beautiful, Nic and Kyles :)

Blow it up - BIG!