Saturday, April 26, 2008

Field of Weeds

We went for a trip in the wagon this afternoon. Stupid me took some bubbles along for the ride. It made for a very painful trip. Byron wanted a turn. Lily refused to let them go; spilled them all over the place; and chucked a mighty tantrum to boot.

Speaking of tantrums, Lily really is getting into the habit of throwing a few lately. She is 20 months in a few days. Can you believe it? Only four months until she turns 2 *gasp*. Many of her tantrums stem from the fact she just wants me. She wants me to “tuddle” her all day long…pick her up…carry her around and well, she just hangs off me. It’s getting a bit tiring. Today at swimming she hardly partook in the activities because she wouldn’t let go of me to do so. Yesterday she went with Trevor and she had the prefect lesson!

This afternoon she refused to sit in the wagon, walk or let daddy carry her. I attempted to put her down on the ground but she did that thing with her legs – you know where they just sit them up in mid air, refusing to put them on the ground, and kinda hang there? I just sat her on the cement. Meanwhile, she was screaming the park down. I proceeded to walk off – ok I was at my whits end – she just refused to let go of me and I couldn’t physically carry her anymore. I said “seeya latter Lily…you’ll have to walk”…well…Byron just chucked a fit! He ran up to her and proceeded to say “don’t leave her…it’s ok Lily…I’ll look after you…don’t you ever do that again mummy!”. Well, I could hardly leave her after Bryon’s protective little performance. Alas, I gave in and picked her up and carried her a little bit further.

After a play in the park and some distraction with my water bottle, she managed it sit in the wagon for much of the trip home or at least until we got to the field of weeds.


(Slippery fun)

It’s funny the things I look at nowadays and think “wow that’s so cool’ – like the vacant lot near us that is overgrown with weeds…weeds with flowers (or at least that’s what I like to think). I thought it would be the prefect spot to get myself some shots…of Lily because I could hardly have Byron prancing around in a field of flowers could I? (Well according to all the male influences in his life. Cough. Cough.).

I asked her to smell the flowers…she attempted to eat them. I think she had confusion of the senses.

Here’s Lily in the field of flowers – a.k.a weeds!







(she sorted her senses...so sweet!)

3 comments:

Kylie Jansen said...

Nic - These are all AMAZING!

Love them :D

Kylie said...

You know I love these! Especially love the vibrant colours, and of course the gorgeous subject! xxx

Chenoa Goedhart said...

Hi Nic,

Lily is the most gorgeous little thing!

Can't believe how beautiful all your piccies have been lately...hmmmm, might need to recruit you for a photo shoot once my new bub arrives! Do you travel for them??

xxx