Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Sneak Peak

I was going to keep it a surprise for when it was complete and I could do a big reveal but alas it’s been too long between visits (don’t get too excited…the house is a way off yet...I’m just referring to the tiling).

The tilers were out yesterday and today. Come tomorrow they’ll be finished the tiling!

Woohooo!!!!

First and foremost - in case you've forgotten what it looks like I’ve been so slack…

(I just wanted to display a better shot of my house – without that stupid piece of guttering and a fixed roof).

You know we still are yet to turn our mind to what colour we want the house. I was thinking something not much darker then the render colour. The lighter colour really works I think.

Anyway, I digress…back to the tiles.

In the 'kids bathroom' (a.k.a the other bathroom) we went for good 'ol fashioned white with a blue floor tile. I wanted something fresh and fun for the kids...I think it works. Who knows...we'll probably hate it in a year or two.



In the remaining tiled areas we stuck with the same tile throughout. It's a taupey colour (i.e. of the brown family). I like it and think it works but again, who knows what we'll think in a few years time!

(main toilet)


(Laundry)

In the ensuite (a.k.a the no kids allowed bathroom) we went for floor to ceiling tiles. The taupe tile again with a white larger wall tile. The frieze is a pebble finish.

(hmmm...the mirror must be going over the tiles - I didn't realise that was happening?!)


It seems 'photographer extraordinaire' neglected to take a picture of the most important part of the 'no kids' allowed bathroom, that being the spa bath! I guess that'll have to wait for the reveal.

So there you have it...the wet areas are nearly finished. It's one less thing to worry about, which saves room for all the other dramas happening around the house at the moment.

The kitchen is a whole other story which I refuse to waste my energies on right now. Hopefully, come Sunday afternoon it will *ALL* be delivered (there are bits missing), installed and looking gorgeous. I'm afraid fokes that the kitchen will have to wait for a reveal all of it's own!

No comments: