Friday, April 25, 2008

Anzac Day 2008

We didn’t do a lot today. Trevor, Lily and I stayed home but Byron did the Australian thing and went along to the dawn service. He’s been going with Grandma and Poppy now for 3 years. He really looks forward to it. He stayed over at Grandma’s house last night and got up very early with no dramas at all. She dropped him home just after 9am and he talked all about his morning adventure. I really love the tradition he's sharing with his grandparents. I’m sure it’s something he’ll look fondly back on in years to come.

Today I took the opportunity to try my hand at getting some more shots of Lily.

This is what I was confronted with…


(Mummy! NO MORE PHOTOS!)

I managed to get a few others but that had more to do with her distraction on account of her shoe lace and the smarties that Nanna kindly provided, then her willingness to co-operate. Speaking of smarties, I could devote a whole entry to Lily’s obsession with chocolate. Since Easter she’s become rather obsessed. She can spot the ol’ chocolate a mile away… “chocate…chocate” or “egg…egg” (from the Easter days). It’s a battle to try and convince her she wasn’t seeing any chocolate…a banana usually does the trick!

(Note the Smarties)



(She was eating her smarties here too!)

And some of her and Nanna...



No comments: