Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Capturing The Moments

Sometimes I feel like I’m so caught up with just getting that perfect ‘WOW’ shot these days that I forget about why I love photography. For me, I like to think it’s about capturing moments in time…looking at a photo and having it stir an emotion; create a feeling; remember a time.

So, with that in mind, I pushed aside my desire to get the perfect shot and went for something natural (in the loose sense - I like to think that all the photos I take are ‘natural’, some more then others). I waited until Lily was awake from her sleep –actually I don’t think she slept but that's another story– and took my camera into her bedroom in the hope of catching some candid moments.

I think I succeeded.

Here is a snippet of my five minutes in Lily’s room…











3 comments:

Kylie said...

Love these photos mate. So precious! Sophie & Stell love that book too!

MrsPfeiff said...

I agree mate, very precious. I love them. I've got a few of "bedtime-just-woken-up" Harry and they are actually some of my favs of all the pics I've taken. These are some of my favs of Lily too. They're really "her". Kx

Naomi V said...

Wow.....these are fantastic. So natural and wonderful. What pp did you do on them (Lillyblue???).

Can't wait to see your website - are you doing it from scratch? If not I have been given a company that do photography websites pretty cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

Your pics are so great......you get better each day if that is possible.