Monday, April 07, 2008

Eight things...

I got tagged by Karen, so here it is – or at least part 1 (will do the rest another time). I have tried to be blunt and straight to the point – makes for easier reading.

Eight Things I'm Passionate About:

Just to be sure, I looked it up.

Passionate: “Capable of, having, or dominated by powerful emotions…”

1. My kids - my Byron and my Lily. They are my world; my everything…the reason for my being I’m sure. My soul is sodden with love for them.

2. Trevor – we have a love hate relationship. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s not as good. I know one thing for sure though…life and my heart sure would be empty without him in it.

3. Isn’t everyone passionate about their family? It’s no different for me. They are my underpinning; my strength. Sigh. I just love them so much.

4. My friends. I have many near and dear friends. They listen. They uplift. They support. They laugh. I’d like to think I reciprocate.

5. Photography. Of. Course. Doesn’t that go without saying these days? It’s funny really – discovering a passion deep in side. A passion you never knew existed. Kindling a new found passion is like giving birth to another child (without the sleep deprivation!)…It’s a wonderful journey. Exhilarating. Full-filling. Fun.

6. Providing for my family. I’m definitely passionate about that. I’ll do what I have to, when I have to, to ensure they don’t go without.

7. …hmmm thinking. Thinking. I’m ‘into’ and care a great deal about many things – like children in general and their welfare, the elderly, the sick, the environment - but passionate, that it reaches the very depth of my core, I am not. Perhaps if I had more time, didn’t have to work, had more money etc it would be different. I know it would.

8. …and something I’m not so passionate about – housework!

Eight Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

1. Raise my children into adulthood and parenthood. I want grand kiddies. I want to spoil them like my kids get spoilt by their grandparents.

2. See the world. So cliché huh? Never the less it’s the truth. I want to travel to the farthest places, walk the farthest roads...experience another culture (in five stars of course!). I just want to see exciting things.

3. Pay off my mortgage. Hmmm with the currently climate, the size of the mortgage, I wonder if that will ever be possible? Time will tell no doubt and interest rates will help.

4. Retire. I’d hate to die before I got a chance to sit on my bum and do nothing – and get paid for it (gotta love superannuation).

5. Photograph a birth – I’ve heard it is the most amazing experience which I would love to be a part of.

6. Sky dive – Trevor’s suggestion but something I’d like to try.

7. Work for myself - i.e have a successful photography business.

8. Own a dog.

Eight Things I Say Often:

1. “Trevor…what do you think of this shot?”

2. “No…I said NO!”

3. “Byron!”

4. “Lily!”

5. “Hi mum”

6. “One…two…two and a half…two and three quarters…time out when I get to three…three”

7. “I love you”

8. “Good morning/afternoon, ***** Law…Nicole Speaking”

I hope you were riveted reading like I was writing it. He he he.

On a side note...I didn't open photoshop once today!!! That's a big deal you know.

2 comments:

MrsPfeiff said...

Slacker! Hehehe just kidding. Can't wait to read more.

You want a dog? I've got two....

Again. Kidding. But if they don't stop barking I swear I'm shipping them to you. I have your address, after all...

Night xxx

Melza said...

LOL how strange that you didn't open PS once..... are you feeling alright??? :)

I reckon I have the same kind of relationship with Damo - I love to hate him sometimes but I love having him around!

Mel xxx