Friday, April 18, 2008

Not a bad choice

When I rounded the corner to see the verdict on my colour selection a few days prior I was rather nervous at what it might look like seeing as though it was a spur of the moment decision – not a lot of foresight. Well, I nearly died when I saw the house - It looked pink. My first thought was “what the hell have I done!”. Even though I knew it was the effect of the late evening sun reflecting off the paint work, I still couldn’t get past it – After all, I was standing in front of a salmon coloured house.


After walking around the back and sides (that weren’t as pink) I decided it looked ok. Trevor was happy. I mean, we weren’t jumping out of our skin with our superb colour choice but we weren’t crying either.

I went back today for a better look (evening light isn't the best for first impressions). Overall I’m pretty happy with the choice. They have a few finishes touches to do on the front but they’ll do that later. Once the door get's painted (the same colour as the roof and garage door) it will look more 'complete' I'm sure.

So how did I go? (Admittedly a photograph just doesn’t do it justice).


It's as light as we desired so I'm happy about that.

No comments: